Saturday, March 25, 2023
Location: Little Beaver Creek Prairie
- Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Activity: Spring Cleaning in the Wetlands and Removing Previously Cut Cattail Stalks
- Parking: SEE MAP BELOW Dayton Islamic School, 3662 E Patterson Road, Beavercreek
- Tools: Gloves, buckets and pickers – We have plenty of extra supplies if you need to borrow some – Waterproof boots for cattail removal
- Details: Safely vests are required to work on the embankment near 35. We have a vest for you to borrow. Those who will be removing cattails will need high, waterproof boots. Early spring is the best time to clean up trash that accumulated during winter. It’s easier to find before the plants’ foliage begins to sprout.
- All field volunteers must sign the BCWA liability waiver. If you have not signed it for 2023, please Submit Yours Online.
- Upon arrival to a volunteer event, please submit your volunteer hours by scanning the QR Code provided by the crew leader. You may also Click Here to Submit Hours.
- Water bottle
- Tools – BCWA has some if you do not
- Long sleeves and long pants
- Bug spray
- Work and/or Rubber boots
CANCELLATION POLICY – Assume any outdoor activity is cancelled during a thunderstorm or heavy rain.