Saturday, September 16
Location: Little Beaver Creek Prairie
- Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Parking: Dayton Islamic School, 3655 E Patterson Rd, 45430 (SEE MAP)
- Activity: Narrow-leaved cattail control by cutting them down to the ground. Bring your favorite tool for this – manual hedge shears/clippers, machete, or loppers
- Notes: Some will be cutting the green stalks down to the ground and the others will haul the cuttings to a designated site.
- Volunteers needed!
- The embankment is located on the City of Beavercreek property. Please print, sign and bring the city’s LIABILITY WAIVER. Those working near the embankment must wear a safety vest.
- All field volunteers must sign the BCWA liability waiver. If you have not signed it for 2023, please Submit Yours Online.
- Upon arrival to a volunteer event, please submit your volunteer hours by scanning the QR Code provided by the crew leader. You may also Click Here to Submit Hours.
- Water bottle
- Tools – BCWA has some if you do not
- Long sleeves and long pants
- Bug spray
- Work and/or Rubber boots
CANCELLATION POLICY – Assume any outdoor activity is cancelled during a thunderstorm or heavy rain.