Join us for the 121st Audubon Christmas Bird Count!
Every year, thousands of people contribute their sightings to the
Society's Christmas Bird Count. This year, the observation day for the Greene County count circle is
Saturday, December 19, 2020.
There are two ways that you can participate in this worldwide citizen science project:
1. You can bird from home!
- First, verify that your location is within the Greene County count circle.
- To record and submit your data, download the bird checklist
and Count Summary Report form.
- Then, simply choose a window of time on Saturday, December 19, to observe the birds in your yard.
- After you have recorded your data and filled out your Count Summary Report, email a copy of both
documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Saturday, December 19.
2. You can go birding with BCWA!
We will be fielding several teams to canvas various locations within
the Beaver Creek wetland corridor. Sign-up here. Spots are limited, and reservations are required. To keep
our volunteers safe, teams will be limited to 6 participants and masks will be required at all times.